Gaithersburg Latitude Observatory
- Landmarks: The Chandler Wobble at the Gaithersburg Observatory Park.
- W. D. Lambert, Who Shot Those Peas?, Geodetic Letter, September 1936. Describes the Gaithersburg Latitude Observatory and the Chandler Wobble.
- Earl L. Williams, I Live an Upside-Down Life, Geodetic Letter, September 1936. Williams tells of his life and duty as the observer at the Gaithersburg Latitude Observatory.
- Sidney Dean Townsley, The Shifting of the Earth's Axis, The Popular Science Monthly, Vol. LXXV, No. 5, November 1909.
- William F. Meyer, The Variation of Latitude Leaflet No. 111 -- May, 1938; University of California, Berleley.
- Edwin Smith, On the Variation of Latitude at Rockville, MD... Report of the Superintendent of the USGS Fiscal Year ending 1892, Part 2, Appendix I, 1894. Smith describes his back yard observatory in Rockville and the observations he made there.